NTA will conduct JEE (Main) 2023 Session-2 on April 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12. Here are some important tips that will help in JEE Main 2023.
Preparation Tips from last one week:
1. The last week should be utilized for revising and taking at least 4 to 5 mock tests in real time for the exam.
2. One should not start a new chapter or refer a new book during the last week before JEE Main exam.
3. It is advised to revise important formulas from all the chapters of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, as this will give you an edge in solving the questions.
4. Revise from your handwritten notes.
5. Prefer healthy and home cooked food.
6. Maintain a steady routine of 6 to 7 hours of sleep while avoiding late night studies.
7. Short meditation/relaxation exercises each day will help to stay calm and focused.
8. After studying for an hour, taking a short break of 5-10 minutes is very important to give rest to your mind. It reduces fatigue and helps in improving concentration.
9. Students should emphasize on taking as many JEE Main mock tests as possible by solving model/sample and previous year question papers (PYQs)/papers of January session in a mock test environment.
Strategy to solve JEE Main paper:
Sometimes the right strategy and time management play an important role in deciding the rank for a candidate. So, one needs to be sharp enough to adapt to the level of the paper and act immediately. However the following points may be kept in mind while attempting the questions:
• Solve easy questions first.
• Choose those classes which have low risk and high returns.
• Scroll through the entire question paper carefully in the first 5 minutes.
• Take care of the time while solving the paper.
• Try to take the exam in two rounds so that you can come back to the questions which did not catch your attention in the first round. Avoid Negative Marks.
• Don’t start with a question you don’t know.
• Don’t get upset if a section is difficult. You can score in other sections.
• Do not guess if you have no idea about the concept involved in a question.
• Do not panic if you find the paper difficult, as relative performance matters. So, put your best analytical mind to work, it will take you ahead.
The major factors that decide your rank in JEE Main will be:
• Command over important topics in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics each.
• Practice of questions of similar level asked in JEE Main.
• Mastery in your timing of solving an objective type question.
• Apart from covering your syllabus, also focus on time management and strategy.
• Confidence when you take the real test.
JEE (Main) – Tips for the day before and a day before the final exam:
The following points should be kept in mind while preparing for JEE (Main) exam day.
• Think positive and don’t discuss about your preparation as it may indirectly disturb you even if you are well prepared.
• Do not talk anything about JEE (Main) with others.
• Do not study anything new a day before JEE Main.
• Stay calm, be confident and believe in yourself.
• Brush up on important formulas in all the three subjects.
• Say to yourself- “I am excited about JEE Main and I can crack it easily”.
• Relax yourself or indulge in meditation a day before the actual exam to give your best on the exam day.
• Don’t ask your friend how much he has studied. This will create unnecessary pressure.
• Take at least 6-7 hours of good sleep.
• Prepare yourself to reach the examination center at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
• Make sure to carry your JEE Main 2023 hall ticket and follow the instructions as per the hall ticket. Avoid borrowing anything inside the examination hall.
So, work hard, be determined and set out to achieve your target goals with full confidence and enthusiasm.
(The author Ramesh Batlish is Head- FIITJEE Noida and Greater Noida Centre. The views expressed here are personal.)